Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wow, it has really been a while since I last updated our blog! So, here it goes:
We have successfully moved into OUR HOUSE!!!! I love it! It really fits us well and will even fit us when we decide to expand our family. Micah has his own room but unfortunately he has recently taken a liking to Mom and Dad's bed. I think this may be due to two factors: 1- He is teething. That's right, he has two lovely little teeth poking out of his bottom gums. 2- He is starting to show separation anxiety. He wants Mom or Dad with him 24/7. If we try to set him down or leave the room when he's playing he immediately starts to give the most pitiful cries. Grrr, how do I get this child back in his bed and sleeping through the night! Or at least sleeping more then 1-2 hours before needing to nurse or be rocked.



Last week I took Micah to get his first professional pictures and I will be showing some of them through out this blog. Micah did so well! He smiled and looked at the camera with no big problems! So worth the money I spent. The most fun was while he was in the metal "bath". Micah thought it was a new toy and just had a blast with it. It was almost hard getting him to look at the camera because he just wanted to play with the big, shiny tub. As shown below:



Moving along. Jimmy has been selected by his work to take part in a program called sigma six (I think I got the name right, though it might be six sigma). It is apparently a lot of work but also a big resume builder. He seems pretty excited about it. Also, since he's been working there a year he got a raise, which I'm pretty excited about.



Micah has been eating his vegetables now for about a month and he really loves them. So far he has eaten- squash, peas, carrots, green beans, and sweet potatoes. I think I'll introduce fruits at six months.Next time I'll have to include a cute picture I took of him eating squash. Just to give you a hint it was necessary to strip him to just his diaper! Speaking of food, two days ago Micah kinda creeped (with our help) and we were so excited when he managed to reach his toy. Unfortunately, he wasn't aiming for the toy and was then in reach of daddy's dinner. Before we could stop him he had grabbed a handful of rice and chicken casserole. Luckily we managed to get it from him before he could try to eat it.



Hmmm, one more story I think. Last weekend Jimmy and I got the pleasure of playing peek-a-boo with Micah and for the first time he started playing it on his own. He would grab the blanket and pull it over himself and when Jimmy and I said "Where's Micah?" He would pull it down and smile! It was so cute! Anyway, I'll just finish with some more of Micah's spring pictures. See ya!
-Holly





1 comment:

Julie and Nate said...

Wow! He is growing up so fast. He hardly looks like the same baby and he's getting chubby.... I LOVE IT! Cute!